The Portobelo Tours, home of the Black Christ, is a town full of history and legends. It became one of the most important points in the transfer of gold and silver because of its system of fairs and galleons and its long harbor and forts built to protect the growing town.
We can define the word “Portobelo” as a beautiful port and it is located on the north coast of the Isthmus of Panama IOs located 60 kilometers from Colon, the capital of the province of Colon, and 130 kilometers from Panama City.
In Portobelo, we can find the Fort of San Lorenzo that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Its buildings are based on the XVII and XVIII centuries, are an excellent example of the military architecture that existed at that time, these structures are where gold and other goods were sent to Spain.
Highlights / General details
- Black Christ Church
- Old Customs House of Portobelo
- Guided Tour (Travel Guide)
- Entrance fees to Old Customs House of Portobelo
- Lunch + 1 non-alcoholic beverage per person
- OW train ride **OPTIONAL
Hours of operation
- 8:00 Monday to Sunday
* Train operates Monday to Friday, not weekends
- October 21
- 8 hours
- Pick up at Hotel lobby for The Portobelo Tours.