The Metropolitan National Park has a surface of 265 hectares (655 acres), and here you will find many birds, butterflies, and small mammals and reptiles.
This is the only rainforest in the world that is within the limits of a city and is the habitat of a large number of animals, birds, and insects, including the monkey Titi
- Los Trinos lookout point: ideal for bird observation is located in the Mono Titi Road. Here you will be able to enjoy the melody of a great variety of birds that inhabit the park.
- Cedar Hill lookout point 66: located at 140 meters above sea level, from here you will see the Dorado shopping area, Clayton Hospital, and the two National Parks that are connected to the MNP.
- Cedar Hill lookout point: the park’s highest point located at 150 meters above sea level. You can observe the islands of Naos, Flamenco, Taboguilla and Taboga Island. You can also observe the Panama Canal entrance on the Pacific side, the Americas Bridge and Ancon Hill.
Highlights / General details
- Only 10 minutes from downtown Panama City
- The only Tropical Forest Park within a metropolitan area in Latin America
- Travel Panama Guided Tour
- Snacks & beverages
- Entrance fees
Hours of operation
- Meet at Hotel Lobby at 6:00 for Metropolitan National Park
- 5 hours